MANTRA • SKY BLUE VARIANT // Reversible Festival Shawl / Scarf
- Fabric is soft, light, and airy.
- Two-toned/reversible - front is black with bright blue graphic, the back is blue with black graphic
- Woven from acrylic/viscose yarn
- Design elements: sacred mandala, weaving flower of life patterns, pineal gland "pinecone", lotus flowers, meditating figures, and "om mani padme hum" mantra
- Pashmina style with black knotted tassels
- 6 ft x 3 ft
This concept was inspired by the mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum." to serve as a deep reminder to purify our lives, thoughts, and actions through awareness, compassion, and realization of self. Mantra by definition is a word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation. When you break down each part of the mantra, each syllable has its own powerful meaning behind it.
- Om (ohm)- Om is the sound or “vibration” of the universe. This sound is the most important of all; but in the context of chanting and mantras, it is meant to destroy attachments to ego and establish generosity.
- Ma (mah)- Removes the attachment to jealousy and establishes ethics.
- Ni (nee)- Removes the attachment to desire and establishes patience.
- Pad (pahd)- Removes the attachment to prejudice and establishes perseverance.
- Me (meh)- Removes the attachment to possessiveness and establishes concentration.
- Hum (hum)- Removes the attachment to hatred and establishes wisdom.